Saturday, October 27, 2007

Let's get going already

As the time for the baby closes in on me, I find myself in that old familiar place of the last few weeks of pregnancy. I'm unable to sit to any task. I'm irritable. If you haven't been pregnant, I don't think it's easy to understand this. I mean, people talk about "the nesting instinct" as if it's this cute little thing that pregnant women do...you know, we clean and cook up a storm because our dear little swollen hearts are turning toward our home and family as the baby's birthdate grows near. People, I am here to tell you that it is nothing like that. I nest because I hate leaving my house, because I hate to walk, because I am lazy. And if I am merely sitting on my couch, I cannot help but see all the things around my house which I usually do in a single day and cannot do in less than four hours because of the sheer effort of moving. But there I am, hoisting myself up off the couch and doing them anyway. Then flopping, exhausted, back on the couch after sweeping, mopping, sponging, cooking, carrying, etc. etc. So it's no small wonder I'm all irritable and tired, I'm trying to make a person and be Martha Stewart all at once. And we all know that it's no use trying to be MS....

In other news, I finally got called to the front of the queue for Ravelry, and I'm excited about it. I've been puttering around there this past week, trying to decide exactly what I want to do and what is offered. I haven't even begun to explore the pattern pages, and I am a notorious lurker at forums of any sort, but I'm enjoying lurking around. I'll probably spend some time taking pictures first, get all that organized on Flickr, then start putting all that in. My stash is pretty small, but I'm still not thrilled about archiving it. Deciding what to do with all of it will be easier once I have it recorded, though. Since I'm a knitter on a budget, I'm a big fan of knitting from stash, or purchasing just what I need for a project. I know, it's crazy, but it's just what I do.

I've started the book "Eat, Pray, Love" and I'm really really enjoying it. I wasn't sure about this book, to tell the truth, but I have really been changed by some of the passages in it. I got it from the library and I'll need to go out and buy my own copy. I enjoy the author's views on god, the divine, and how she doesn't take it too seriously...I just finished a passage on forgiveness last night that was fairly profound for me. I have a few people in my life that I really need to move on from (unhealthy friendships that continue to be toxic even though they are over). I am NOT good at letting go...not in any way. The idea of forgiving someone, of having that last conversation with them even though they might not be present for it, of letting go being something that we are responsible for ourselves. The idea that we don't have to "settle" everything or have agreement/peace/harmony to end a friendship...it seems so simple, but here I sit a living example of someone who does not function that way. I am looking forward to some deep thinking about this, and some moving on in my future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what's your name on ravelry?

yeah eat pray love is good. I need to finish that one off this weekend.

I swear I think being pregnant is the hardest job in the world. I am so glad I am too lazy to do it. (that was a joke btw.. I hope you are laughing)