Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fall in full swing

It's about time. The air is crisp and the leaves are turning, fall is finally here. Yes, it's still a little warm, but it's nice outside. We went for a walk last night (Hubby walked, Tiny Man strolled, I waddled)..nothing strenuous, but walking is still good for me in any dose. And it was a beautiful night for a stroll.

Took tiny man to the health dept. for a few shots this week. he needed two, and I've been putting it off. I have been to the HD before for shots (we have a cap on what insurance will pay for well baby visits, and the HD is free for shots). I was a little freaked out about going there, because I wasn't sure what to expect, either from the clientèle or the wait, but it was fine. This time, however, was a NIGHTMARE. There were tons of kids running around with dirty hands and runny noses, and all of them wanted to touch Ben. And their parents thought it was cute. I am not the kind of person who thinks its okay to discipline another mom's kid, so I tried my best to keep my cool about this, but I was hoping the whole time that TM would stay germ free. Then we had to wait TWO HOURS to get in to see a nurse. Geeze! Two hours! I"m glad that TM is a trouble free kind of guy, he was happy to play with my keys for most of that time. The nurse was nice, though. And I found out that the county will send a public health nurse to our house after the baby is born to help with breastfeeding, so I started the paperwork on that. I figure the more help the better, and if I decide later I don't need it, I can always refuse the help. Ugh. I hate feeling all creeped out by the health department, it makes me feel judgemental...but I am creeped out, and there's nothing I can do about it.

On the knitting scene, I finished one pair of christmas socks (for my mom, who has very peculiar shaped feet) and I'm working on two more. One is all stockinette in self striping yarn, boring but easy knitting for waiting rooms and the like. The other is the Double Eyelet Rib Pattern by Wendy Johnson. I'm really impressed with this pattern, and I am enjoying knitting it. I didn't plan to make patterned socks (these are for another sister in law for christmas), but I am so sick of stockinette I want to puke. The yarn is a very nice mulberry color. I will have pictures when I"m not so lazy. :)

No comments: