Friday, June 25, 2010

I need to read this every day....

"I don't want to surprise you, but I'm not a small girl..."
This is a direct quote from me to my doctor last week.  The baby is measuring big, and I asked if the measurement could be influenced by my tummy adding an inch or two (it could).  So yeah, sometimes I joke about my weight. 
But also?  I hate wearing a swimsuit.  I haven't worn a pair of shorts in about four years.  I borrowed two pair of maternity shorts from a friend and they are so cool and comfortable...but you can bet they won't see the outside of this house and yard all summer.  Capris are so dependable, and so forgiving.

I could write for a month about my issues and feelings about weight, but it's not something that would be all that interesting to the outside world....suffice it to say, however, that I saw something today that really hit a nerve with me... read it here ....

I guess sometimes I just need a reminder of what's important. 

We're going in the pool at my in-laws on sunday, and I can't wait to be the one carrying Toast around while he puts his face in and blows bubbles, and kicks his little feet. 

Can't.  Wait. 

No comments: