Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Twenty

I read this on a blog this morning, and it seemed like a good way to get my blog post in today.  The turkey is on and cooking, and we're finishing up the cleaning.  Happy gobble, everyone. 

Do you cook all or part of the meal?
Depends on the year, this one's mine.  I cook half the meal, and everyone brings something. 

 
How much do you spend buying groceries for the meal?
Usually it matters to me what we spend in a week on Groceries.  For Thanksgiving, I don't care.

 
Do you eat at home or go to someone else's?
Every year or two we switch off with my Mother in Law.....She had two years in a row though, so this is my second year in a row.
 
Describe your perfect bite?
STUFFING.  Oh Lord I love stuffing.


White meat or dark?
dark


Stuffing with giblets or without?
Without
 
Anything you won't eat at the Thanksgiving meal?
Are you kidding me?  No.  I eat everything.  It's the one day of the year I eat everything.


Carve Mr. Gobble at the table or serve on a platter?
Platter


Favorite pie?
Apple! 


Formal table or Chinet?
I always use the china...I love using the china.  And cloth napkins.  And place cards.  I love a formal table.  
 
Your menu?
Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn casserole, beans canned from this summer, rolls from Great Harvest Bread company (yum!), salad, maybe brussels sprouts if I remember to make them.  :)  And Pie.  Always pie.  
 
Favorite leftover?
Stuffing!!!!!!!


Extended family, friends, both or just immediate family for dinner?
It depends on the year, but we have both sets of parents and whatever sisters are in town every year, regardless of where we are.  Our families do thanksgiving together.


After dinner, do you go to the latest movie or football on TV?
Movies!
 
Do you watch the Macy's parade?
In Detroit?  Are you kidding me?  No.  We ALWAYS watch the Detroit parade.  :)
 
Christmas decorations up before or after?
I used to do it the day after, but I made a vow when Toast was born that I would NOT let holidays intrude on his birthday; so now we wait until after his Birthday on Dec. 8.
 
Black Friday shopping or sleep in?
HAHAHAHAHA.  I always say I wouldn't be caught dead at a store on Black Friday....but you know what we do?  We go OUTLET SHOPPING!!!!!.  So completely crazy.  Then we go here to buy Toast his ornament and take in the sights.
 
Any special Thanksgiving tradition?
My dad always goes to the Lion's game.  Always.  The first year I did a full Thanksgiving in our first real house, he skipped it....that taught me that people are sometimes more important than tradition.  
That being said, I am really proud to report that every year our turkey is walking on Tuesday and on the table Wednesday.   
 
Favorite thing about Thanksgiving?
I love having all of our family around.....we're all crammed in like sardines at dinner and we have a great time!
 
Favorite Thanksgiving memory?
So many....there isn't one that really sticks out.  I remember marching in the parade one year with my dog and my 4-H club.  My dog chose the middle of Woodward, right in front of the judge's stand to take a dump.  I wished the street would swallow me up.  Good memory?  I love making new traditions at Thanksgiving now that I'm married with kids.  We always celebrated Thanksgiving when I was young, but it wasn't a huge deal in my family the way it is in some.  I like to make our own day. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can we clarify that I skipped the Lion's game, not your first, full Thanksgiving?.

D