Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More on project 365

After writing yesterday, I looked back on my blog to see if I had talked about project 365 before. Of course, I hadn't. I then looked at the clock to see if I had time to edit my entry. 11:30. Nope.
So for those of you who don't know what the heck project 365 is, I present a short explanation.

I first heard about this thing by reading Becky Higgins' blog. She designed a scrapbook kit for making a project 365 album. After reading about this, though, I started doing a little research on the internet, and there are 365-ers out there all over the place. Here's a good site that explains some about what it is.

So basically, you just take a photo every single day. That's it. I didn't buy the kit (although I covet it) because I wasn't sure I wanted to sink money into something I am not sure I would keep up on. After a few months of this, though, I think if it is offered next year I will. I am really enjoying thinking of things in terms of "what's in our lives, what do we do, what is our every day" and taking photos to document that. The main reason I started this project is because when I scrapbook, I HATE to journal..I hate the practice of writing on my page why I took the pictures, what they are about and what happened. I think this is so incredibly important, it's just that my journaling always sounds so stilted and fake to me. I thought by journaling about every day events, and writing about what we do every day in very short bursts it would help me become better and more comfortable with my journaling.

One of the comments yesterday mentioned getting myself into pictures. That's something I'm not good at. I'm really not. I prefer to be behind a camera rather than in front of it. I'm trying to get better about this. When I look at pictures, I'm always talking (go figure), making a funny face (usually because I'm talking, which means I'm gesturing too), or just looking weird somehow. I want to get over that "ugh" feeling I have when I look at myself in pictures. I just have a problem when I see that other people's pictures manage to make them look normal...mine manage to make me look weird. I'm working on overcoming this. :) Maybe I need to make my husband a better photographer! That's cheaper than me getting plastic surgery. :)

No comments: