Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Gargoyle The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I finished this book days ago and I'm still thinking what to say about it, and how to rate it. I am very conflicted about it. The characters were not impressive to me. I don't feel that the author did a great job of creating characters that had depth to them. It didn't seem to me that there was a lot of complexity in any of the characters. Additionally, the plot was fairly straightforward, and it wasn't hard to see what would happen at the end.

That having been said, I enjoyed the fairy tale aspects of this story, and the way that each part of the fantasy played in to the plot line, the main love story, and the main character's journey. For that reason, I enjoyed the last third of the book the best, because of the way each part of the fairy tale lent something to the main character's journey (both real and emotional).

Not the best book I've ever read, but an enjoyable read. This is well worth picking up, but it's pure enjoyment.


View all my reviews.

No comments: