Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Well, it's December, meaning my month of trying to post every day is over. I didn't make it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't worth my time to try. I think that I did learn a few things...first off, I'm not a post every day kind of person. ( haha ). But really, I think that I would rather post a few words every few days and post about meaningful things rather than try and post something every day, which could easily turn into this: "Toast and I played today. Then we had lunch and a nap. Then Hubby came home and we ate dinner. Then we went to bed after some more playing, TV and knitting". This is not to say that attempting a post every day is a bad thing. It did force me to think about things in a different way...to try and post something that was interesting and not just write about the ordinary. Since starting to keep a blog I really do look at things differently. I think about my day and the things I see in terms of what is noteworthy, what is differet, what is interesting. It is true that every day something happens that is interesting. I also have learned that at the end of the day all I want sometimes is a knitting project and a warm blanket on the couch. I don't want to think about writing on the blog. Also, posting during the day is right out...Toast sees the computer as direct competition, and does not tolerate me taking a few minutes to check Email when I could be playing with him or doing something far more fascinating like trying to clean the house with his help. :) All in all, a valuable experience, I think. One I would definately try again next year.

We are going away for Christmas. I've been looking forward to spending time with the in-laws in a warm climate, but lately I've started to realize that it will be good for more than just a Christmas tan. We put up the tree this weekend and it was really difficult...taking out all of Tiny man's ornaments and putting them up. Seeing his stocking and the projects he made at school last year. Going away this first holiday after he has been gone will be good just for a change of scenery. We will be in a new place making different memories, not surrounded by our last holiday with him. We will still be with family, and I don't think that things will be much easier, but it will be different. I think that different is exactly what we need this year.

No comments: