Thursday, November 27, 2008

Reflections

I am Thankful...

For my family. I don't care if it is a cliche. I would not have made it through this year, last year, or the past few years without them. Any of them. Because they all like each other, and they love Hubby and I, and love Tiny Man and Toast and we all take care of each other.

My friends...my awesome awesome friends. For calling to make sure I'm out of bed and dressed and functioning. For knowing when to tell me what to do and when to ask what they can do. For still loving Tiny man and remembering that he was special, and letting me know that they remember. For taking care of me and of each other.

For the ability to realize that sometimes you have to let go to love, and let go of love. To see miracles in the every day. For being able to believe in miracles. For being able to witness a miracle.

For laughter. Being able to laugh in the face of life and everything it brings. For joy, for small things like sitting up and crawling and red gold leaves and flowers in spring.

For being able to live with enough, being happy with enough, and loving my life the way it is. For knowing I am not like everyone else and not wanting to be that way. For loving my life for exactly what I have right now...and realizing that my most valuable possessions aren't things I've bought.

For warm beds, Toast snuggles, giggles, hot coffee, long sunday afternoons, good food and the ability to share it with people I love.

No comments: