Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blah Blah Blah

Oh, NaBloPoMo, you had me at hello. Then I missed two days of posts and cursed your name. :)

Really, this is a day I would not ordinarily blog. I mean, nothing really happened. I didn't have any deep thoughts. I didn't hear anything terribly fascinating (Sorry, C and M...it doesn't mean we didn't have a good time at playdate!)...Toast and I played, did laundry, went to our Tuesday playdate/lunch, came home and played/made dinner. Then I crafted for an hour, did the bath thing, and here I am. Not much.

I did make a killer dinner, though, so that's what I'll write about today. Pork chops, sweet potato fries, brussels sprouts. I love sprouts, hubby can take them or leave them...but once a year, when they are in season, I have to have them. I love them that much. Tonight I fried up some bacon (see, I had him at bacon...that's the way it works in this house), then drained the pan and used the "sticky parts" left to carmalize some onion. Added some steamed sprouts, and put the bacon back in, well chopped. Sauteed until everything was nice and golden. They were killer.

We're trying to get Toast to feed himself more...like with utensils other than his porky little hands. Tonight I handed him a sweet potato fry, and he shoved the whole thing in his mouth. It made his eyes water and his face turn red. Apparently we still have a ways to go.

No comments: