Saturday, December 1, 2007

restless

I can't keep with a project to save my life...I"m still pregnant and really wanting to have the baby...but no baby appears. It just makes me restless and irritable. I'm not a patient person under the best of circumstances, but having my body completely taken over by the parasite, having reached the point where mentally I feel able but physically I am cumbersome...well, it's just very difficult for me. In the meantime, I'm doing a lot of deep breathing and trying to focus on the fact that I need to let this go, to let nature take it's course, and to relax and focus on getting lots of rest so that when I go into labor I am ready.

Also in the meantime, I'm trying to decide on a pattern. I have decided that this winter I'm going to cast on my first sweater. I"m hella excited, but I'm also very nervous...a sweater is a big investment...and all that measuring makes me nervous that I"ll mess up. Also, the only time that I knit things that turn out badly is when I swatch...so I"m scared that I'll make a nice little swatch, count all my stitches, and make a beautiful sweater...that doesn't fit. I've decided just to jump in and give it a whirl. Patterns I'm considering can be found in my queue on Ravelry. Did I mention I got called up for Ravelry? I have yet to do much...it's that whole lack of focus thing...oh, and the taking care of the tiny man, but eventually I'll get some projects posted and get on with things.

In the meantime, I have only 1/4 of a sock left for christmas knitting (pictures of those lovely projects soon...) so I'm going to go and get on with that. Well, that and baby watch.

----------------
Now playing: Sarah McLachlan - The First Noel/Mary Mary
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

purlewe said...

I've been thinking hard all day today for a little one to share my (and Dawn's) day.

Come on baby watch.. we wanna see you!!!!