Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A quick knitting post

FO: French Market Bag from Knitty

French Market Bag, pre felting
Pre-felting

French Market Bag, post felting
Post-felting, pre-shaving. The bag looks like a muppet here. I hate that the things I felt always look like a muppet. I never realized there was something that can be done about it. I posted to the forums on Knitter's Review about this and someone suggested using a disposable razor.

French Market bag, post shaving
This is the result. It looks much better. It's smaller then I expected, even though it fits the dimensions given in the pattern. I'm bad at spacial relations, apparently. Anyway, it's perfect to take along in the car with a pair of socks in progress in it. A success!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's really cool. I'd like to make something like that, but I only know how to knit rectangles. I'm stuck with blankets and scarves for awhile.

And congrats on the movement!